Are you interested in being a part of Celebrate Recovery (CR) at South Tulsa Baptist Church? Celebrate Recovery is a 12-step, Christ-centered program for anyone struggling with any hurt, habit, or hang-up! We have found hope and help in the power of Jesus Christ!
We are believers in Jesus Christ who recognize the struggle with the chaos of our lives. Through Celebrate Recovery we are accessing Christ's power in our lives to overcome our issues of anger, grief, alcoholism, guilt and shame, financial loss, divorce, dysfunctional families, sexual abuse, drug abuse, eating disorders and many more! If you are interested in Celebrate Recovery or being on the leadership team, the following are some dates to note-
- View Personal testimony in worship service of a life changed by CR.
- Men's and Women's step-study classes starting in September every Wednesday from 5:30-7:30pm. Please contact Don Akin ( 918-605-2974) for the Men's study and contact Lisa Fuller ( 479-42-4591) for the Women's study.
For more information on Celebrate Recovery visit http://www.celebraterecovery.com/.
If you are interested and have any more questions, click here to contact our CR Ministry leaders.
The purpose is to serve God by reaching out to others so we can step out of denial into God’s grace, take an honest and spiritual inventory that will help us get right with God, ourselves and others, and allows us to grow in Christ while helping others.
Who Needs It?
Anyone can participate in Celebrate Recovery:
- Anyone ready to start a new life
- The churched and the un-churched
- Men and women
- The addicted and their families
- The guilty, sad, or compulsive
- Anyone in need of recovery
Perhaps you are wondering why Celebrate Recovery is so successful in thousands of churches across the land and around the world. There are 7 features that make it unique:
- Celebrate Recovery is based on God’s Word, the Bible.
- Celebrate Recovery is forward looking,
- Celebrate Recovery emphasizes personal responsibility.
- Celebrate Recovery emphasizes spiritual commitment to Jesus Christ.
- Celebrate Recovery utilizes the biblical truth that we need each other in order to grow spiritually and emotionally.
- Celebrate Recovery addresses all types of habits, hugts and hang-ups.
- Celebrate Recovery is a leadership factory.
Things We Are & Things We Are Not
Celebrate Recovery Is and Is Not...
Things We Are
Things We Are Not
The Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the Serenity
to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace;
Taking, as Jesus did, this sinful world as it is;
Not as I would have it;
Trusting that You will make all things right
if I surrender to Your will;
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with You forever in the next.