Stephen Ministry, God’s Love in Action.
What is Stephen Ministry?
Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to people in our congregation and sometimes in our community who are experiencing challenges or difficulties in their lives.
A Stephen Minister Is…
- · A child of God who walks beside a person hurting.
- · A congregation member which has been carefully screened & selected to serve in the role of Care Giver.
- · A lay person who has received 50 hours of initial training in order to offer emotional & spiritual care. Further training is also continuous as required by Stephen Ministry, headquarters.
- · A caring Christian, who listens, cares, prays, supports & encourages a Care Receiver.
- · Someone who will “be there” for the Care Receiver, meeting faithfully, on a regular basis for as long as there’s a need.
Stephen Ministers care for people…
While we all face challenges in our lives from time to time, we could benefit from having a caring person that would be willing to listen to us during life’s most difficult times. Stephen Ministers are trained & prepared to extend emotional & spiritual care when someone faces a crisis such as -
· Loss of a loved one
- · Loss of a job
- · Marriage break-up, divorce/separation
- · Loneliness & discouragement
- · Spiritual crisis
- · Health care crisis
- · Terminal Illness
- · Incarceration
- · Hospitalization
- · Child birth or adoption
- · Recovery after a disaster or accident
- · Relocation
- · Struggling with age-issues or aging parents
· Many more …
Stephen Ministers reach out with God’s love to people who are hurting, both congregation & within the community alike. It is a confidential ministry & those receiving care can be certain their identity & relationship with a Stephen Minister is kept confidential.
The PBS “Religion & Ethics” news show recently aired an eight minute feature video on Stephen Ministry that describes the life-changing ministry happening in thousands of congregations. Click here to view.
Could you benefit from the confidential, one to one Christian care & support of a Stephen Minister?
· Do you know someone, a friend, neighbor, co-worker, or relative, who could benefit from Stephen Ministry? Please feel free to contact Carolyn Larkin in the church office at 918-299-0904 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like to be trained as a Stephen Minister?
Consider these testimonies of some of our Stephen Ministers-
Contact Carolyn Larkin in the church office at 918-299-0904 or email@example.com