Reading the Bible Together - 2014
As a church family, we will be Connecting to God and each other as we read through the Bible together in 2014. We are using a common reading plan - The Discipleship Journal Bible Reading Plan. We have licensed this plan from Discipleship Journal and are offering this plan in four methods to assist you in your study -
- One page handout for you to track and check off as you read each day. Contact Melanie if you would like this handout or click here to get the PDF or large print version
- Click on this link to reference the Discipleship Journal Reading Plan (Permission from Discipleship Journal)
The Discipleship Journal Bible Reading Plan offers special features that will aid you in your journey through the Bible.
• By reading from four separate places in the Scriptures every day, you should be able to better grasp the unity of the Scriptures, as well as enjoy the variety of four different viewpoints.
• To prevent the frustration of falling behind, which most of us tend to do when following a Bible reading plan, each month of this plan gives you only 25 readings. Since you’ll have several “free days” each month, you could set aside Sundays either not to read at all or to catch up on any readings you may have missed in the past week.
• If you finish the month’s readings by the twenty-fifth, you could use the final days of the month to study the passages that challenged or intrigued you or go back and memorize some passages.
In the year ahead, ask God each day to speak directly to you from the Scripture portions you read. Be expectant, and let your continual exposure to God’s Word reshape your attitudes and behavior as you gain a better understanding of every part of His written testimony to us.